Hypnobirthing is a complete childbirth education programme, that teaches simple, specific self-hypnosis, relaxation and breathing techniques for a calmer, relaxed, comfortable birth.
You are not alone if you are worried about birth. Having a baby is one of our biggest life changing event’s so it is natural to feel apprehensive. Unfortunately, in today’s society we are surrounded by images that portray birth as agonising and traumatic and this natural apprehension turns into anxiety, stress and even panic attacks. The excitement of pregnancy is over shadowed as birth creeps ever nearer.
At Claverdon HypnoBirthing I passionately believe birth should be a joyous time, without anguish or worry. Using the structured Hypnobirthing programme, you will learn proven techniques in a well thought-out system of deep relaxation, visualisation, and self-hypnosis. All of these are designed to help you feel in control and confident about your body, fully preparing both Mum and Dad for a natural, calm and comfortable birth experience.
The programme was founded by Marie Mongan of the HypnoBirthing® Institute and over two decades has helped more than 10,000 couples to change their lives through it’s practice.
Benefits of HypnoBirthing
- Achieve a shorter and more efficient labour
- Reduce fatigue so that you remain alert and energised during labour and birth
- Greatly reduce the need for medication and intervention
- Eliminates anxiety and fear about birth, increasing confidence and reducing stress
- Reduces the risk of developing Postnatal Depression
- Increases breastfeeding success and early bonding
Hypnotherapy is an incredibly effective technique to positively change the way you feel emotionally and physically, being able to look forward to bringing your new baby into the world without anxiety or fear.